Thursday, March 20, 2008

Catwalk

On a shopping spree with a dear friend of mine last night, Christine, she and I discovered that in all of SL Neko's tend to be highly over looked as models. Well, its something I've suspected for quite some time as I've wanted to get into modeling but as a devout and faithful Neko its proved a difficult to say the least. So what is it about ears and a tail that makes us so non-photogenic? Can't say its because of our skin as up until recently I've always worn a "normal" skin. Although Nomine has an absolutely fantabulous Neko tiger skin. Beeeea-u-tiful! Munch's new line of skins has THE best lip proportion and shape in SL in my opinion. But aside from how fabulous her skins are, what exactly is it about Neko's that designers shy away from in using us for their advertising campaign?

Now before anyone gets all upset I'm not sitting here throwing prejudice or segregation accusations. I honestly think its more a matter of misunderstand and fear of the unknown. I don't believe there is a great conspiracy out there to oust the Neko population from the SL modeling world. Neko's are used a good bit in cyberpunk and steampunk, even a touch of goth from time to time. But I'd love to see them used more and become more mainstream.

*gasps* Did I just say that? Why yes I did. There was a time when I was highly offended at the growing Neko population in SL. Being one of the first Neko's here 3 years ago it was frustrating to see such a boom in the growth of these hybrid cats. I was no longer unique, different, special. But, just like every hooman, or every furry, or elf, or dragon, every Neko has her own unique personality. Each of us are filled with playful quirks that stand us apart from each other. And it is these very playful traits that I feel would lend itself so well to the camera. And I think its time I figure out a way to open up the doors. I'm proud of my ears and tail and wish to show them off, and what better way than through the beauty and art of still photography and fashion.

After all aren't we the purrrrfect ones to walk the catwalk?

2 comments:

  1. Yay for my favorite neko girl! Yay for blogging! Double yay for shopping! :))) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't forget Summer Deadlight.. one of THE top models in all of SL, and a kitty at that!

    ReplyDelete