Not so Snug as a (Yuck) Bug

September 17, 2015


Day 2 of attack of the yuck bug.  

This unwelcome intruder has made itself at home, and appears for all intents and purposes to be as snug as a bug in a rug, or in this case
one miserable little kitty head...ie, my head! Joy. It has proceeded to flood my nasal and sinus cavities with some sort of alien goop that is just viscous enough to irritate my nose causing a near constant sniffle.  Yet it is congealed enough to resist even the most Herculean nose blowing efforts on my part. 

Surely this thing must be an alien VAMPIRE yuck bug.  No matter how much I sleep it still manage to drain all my energy.  Further, where ever it comes from it must give off helium as a by-product of its bio functions, because my head feels like it's floating in the clouds, which honestly isn't that pleasant of an experience all things considered.  Makes me feel rather woosy and dizzy.  Tom, I said dizzy, not ditzy.

After repeated, and failed attempts to drown this sadistic little bugger with juice and water, then poison him with vitamins, Tylenol, and Benadryl, I admit defeat again tonight.  Maybe tomorrow this alien vampire yuck bug will tire of toying with me and move on to some other poor unlucky target.  For now I am going to sniffle and gasp for air in the darkness while I pray for sleep or some other form of unconsciousness to overtake me.

---Update--

I'm actually on day 4 in this battle against the alien Yuck Bug.  So far it is Yuck Bug 4 - kitty 0. Hope is not lost.  I still have hot tea. Allen bought me some Dayquil to add to my medicinal arsenal. And we were able take a long hot shower today.  Fear not my feline friends, or is it friends of a feline friend? Or... Oh who cares, I'm going back to bed! Yuck Bug wins another round. *sniffle cough hack*

~ Sierra Sugar

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram